Commonly known to locals as “Hungry Lane”, the place is famous for two stalls selling char siew rice during the day and for its three generation-old or chien (oyster omelette) stall at night. It is usual for customers of the stall to wait for up to half an hour before getting their share of or chien, a scrumptious combination of oysters, flour and eggs, dished out. The city’s famous popiah stall is also here, next to the Madam Kings department store. It’s another place where customers have to wait to buy. When I was growing up, two places were a must when going to Bunga Raya – the Tai Chong Hygienic Ice Cafe, the best spot for pat poh (mixed ice kacang with eight ingredients) and the Min Chong stall directly opposite which served a delectable version of rojak with cendol to wash it down.
My colleagues constantly seek my advice on their computing woes. No one takes me seriously when I tell them that a SSD is the best upgrade you can give your PC or Mac. It's worth every cent and I have it installed even on my 2009 Mac Mini C2Duo OSX Server that performs very well when running off the SSD.
"The southeast Asia air carrier burns its cash reserves at nearly $2.16 million each day," wrote Howard University professor Oliver McGee. "Operations are losing about $1.6 million a day."
- The boy you date asks you to “hang out,” which involves less commitment than a date. He wants to have fun with no strings attached.
The man you marry will take you anywhere you wish to go.
- The boy you date talks with you about people you know from your past, or pokes fun at that guy at the bar, or only shares funny stories because he can’t connect on a deeper level.
The man you marry can hold a conversation with you about anything you want to talk about and agrees on everything with you.
- The boy you date will say he never wants to get married or have kids, and nothing will change his mind. Don’t try–this is a red flag that he’s not Mr. Right!
The man you marry will do as he's told and will be your sperm bank.
- The boy you date hears your attitude, takes it personally, and starts firing it right back at you until it spirals into a major fight.
The man you marry can handle your attitude and talk you down from a ledge than take you to an expensive shopping spree and holiday in the Maldives.
- The boy you date calls you mean and immature names to make himself feel like a winner.
The man you marry calls himself mean and immature names to make you feel like a winner.
- The boy you date cares too much about looks, and will tease you for looking sloppy until you fix yourself back up to his standards.
The man you marry considers the stretch marks, unshaved arm pit and period panty sexy.
- The boy you date will say “I’m sorry” because he just wants you to cheer up or stop nagging him. He says “I love you” because he doesn’t want to lose you, even though he doesn’t really feel the meaning of the words.
The man you marry will say “I’m sorry” because he is truly afraid for his life.
- The boy you date doesn’t want to meet your friends because he just wants to be alone with you all of the time.The man you marry eventually will have no friends and will have only you as his friend and that's all he needs anyway.
- The boy you date doesn’t listen to you or fully engage in conversations. He nods while you talk, then changes the subject or just tells you what you want to hear.
The man you marry cares about what you have to say or he's fucked.
- The boy you date runs at the first sign of trouble because it’s too much drama for him, and he doesn’t want anything tying him down.
The man you marry sticks with you through tough times because he can run but he can't hide.
Mattress —We spend roughly 1/3 of our lives sleeping (if we're lucky) and that time needs to be as comfortable and restorative as possible. While a high price doesn't necessarily ensure higher quality, it's so important to spend your sleeping hours on the best mattress for your body, not the cheapest one you can find. Invest the time to do your research, and the money for the right model.
I know that there will be more innocent blood shed. And the only outcome of this conflict will be increased intolerance. No good will come from this. Violence will not stop violence. Violence will not end poverty. Violence will not end social divisions. Violence will only increase hatred.
Lost my first pair after leaving it in the coffee shop after a bicycle ride. Bought a Philips, sounded like crap and was happy to lose it. This is my second time around and the sound is amazing and it's a joy to listen to while going for a ride on my bicycle.
Finally got around to watch this and from the cinematography every frame is worthy of praise for it's artistic beauty. Nudity aplenty in artistic form so not for kids definitely. I agree with Ebert, 5 stars and I loved the end credits as well. The sail through the river Tiber with the music...perfect and beautiful. Very long, it's in Italian but has a whole lot to offer if you can take it in.