After some time , you try to recall the fond memories rather than the sad ones. We celebrated her life and legacy. Her tombstone reads "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God" - John 14:1 , something she told me multiple times even when she was very sick.
- We grew up together and were best friends before we married. A friend is for life; our marriage has lasted a lifetime.
- Remember marriage is not a contest, never keep a score. God has put the two of you together on the same team to win.
- Agree that it's okay to disagree, and fight for what really matters. Learn to bend—not break!
- There's no secret to our marriage, we just did what was needed for each other and our family.
- Respect, support, and communicate with each other. Be faithful, honest, and true. Love each other with ALL of your heart.
Herbert passed away in 2011 at the age of 105 and Zelmyra followed in 2013 also at the age of 105, but the Fisher's leave behind a strong example of lasting love and marital commitment for all of us.